Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FAYE WITH AN “E” and FAY WITHOUT AN “E”

Two good friends together again!! Fay without an “E” lives not too far from TT Chesapeake Bay, in Chesapeake, VA. Last weekend we were surprised to receive a call from her – she was standing across the road from our RV!! We were delighted to see her again and took her for a ride around the campground on our borrowed golf cart.

We first met Fay and her late husband Jim years and years ago in Orlando, FL when we first started RVing. We hung around with the same group of friends at the TT Orlando campground. They are the ones who named us Faye with an “E” and Fay without an “E” so we’d know which one of us they were talking to, or talking about.

Years later, when we started playing Pickleball, I would introduce myself as Faye with an “E”, just for the heck of it. Maybe someone would remember me HA HA!! Out in Arizona, when I introduced myself to another player, he said, “Then you must know Fay without an “E”. Surely enough he was talking about the same Fay. Another time in Arizona when I introduced myself to another player, he said, “You remind me so much of another Fay from Virginia, but she does not have an “E” in her name. It was the same Fay!!! In Washington, I met a really good female Pickleball player in the ladies room. She told me she had taught another Fay from Virginia how to play Pickleball. I thought it cannot possibly be the Fay I know; she was not athletic at all. But, can you believe it, it was the same Fay!!!

Since we have been on the East coast, we see Fay often during the winter down in Florida, where we play Pickleball together, line dance, party, etc.

Pickleball does indeed make a small world and one that really a lot of FUN!!

1 comment:

Betty Graffis said...

Ha Ha. When I read Joe your posts, I tell him its from Ken and Faye with an "E"...he smiles and says "ah, yes, the lefty"

Betty