Saturday, October 17, 2009

WEARING A HEAR MONITOR -- THAT'S NEW!!

When the doctor examined me for Pneumonia, he noted that my heart was beating rapidly and recommended that I follow up with my Cardiologist. The Cardiologist’s Nurse Practitioner gave me another EKG and further examination and basically agreed. She prescribed that I wear a Heart Monitor for three weeks!! So I have been wearing this thing 24/7 to monitor my heart rate. It has been an interesting experience.

The NP called a couple of days ago and said the feedback from the monitor showed that my heart rate is high and the Cardiologist prescribed a beta blocker for me to start taking right away. They will continue to review the feedback and I am to follow up with them next week. Hope the news is good news.

Still have a couple more weeks of wearing this monitor!

No comments: