Saturday, December 5, 2009

LASAGNA DINNER AT TORREY OAKS

Torrey Oaks is a very nice RV resort only about 12-15 miles north of our campground at TT Peace River in Wauchula, FL. We plan to rent a site there for the month of January. Friends Sally and Stan are renting a site for December and January. We all drove over there a few days ago to take a look around, talked to Pete the manager, rented a golf cart for January, etc. We noticed a sign-up sheet for their Lasagna Dinner on Friday night so we signed up.

The dinner was very good and plenty of it. Torrey Oaks provided the Lasagna and everyone brought a side dish to share. There were lots of salads, breads, and desserts!! My spinach salad was all eaten; Sally’s Bread and Bruschetta was all eaten; too. Jean (at our table) said the Lasagna was frozen, not made from scratch the way the chefs did it last year. Still, I thought mine was very good!! My favorite dessert was a wonderful pineapple upside down cake; Ken’s favorite was the monkey bread!


I took these pictures to send to friends Cis and Joe who own sites at Torrey Oaks. Then I thought, What the Heck, I'll put them in the Blog!!


Stan and Sally. I thought Sally was getting ready to take some pills (that's how I hold mine), but now I realize she is holding Chex Snacks in her hand!

Faye and Ken.

Our Table – Stan and Sally; Faye and Ken; Garret and Jean; Kathy.
We have known Jean for several years through Pickleball. She is teaching Pickleball at Torrey Oaks again this year. Kathy is an owner at the resort (we did not know her).

Pete the manager. He welcomed us to the resort.

Here I am enjoying every Mad Housewife's wine of choice. I found it at the Walgreen Winery!! HA HA They will probably never let me back into Torrey Oaks RV Resort!!! (Click on the picture to enlarge to read the label!)

4 comments:

Niki said...

hahaha oh my gosh. I gave the mad housewives wine to my friend at her engagement party!!

Show Us The World said...

Very funny! =)

Mark and Chris said...

Chug-a-lug, Faye. Great talking to you both last night. Hope you enjoy Torrey Oaks.

wayno said...

you guys amaze us. We wish you all the best for xmas and we just plain miss you guys. Take care and say hi to everyone for us.
wayne and nancy