Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ST. PATRICK’S DAY CELEBRATION AT TORREY OAKS

March 17 – But, THAT was not to be our Last Supper!! [ Refer to Article March 16.] We had been invited to come to the Torrey Oaks St. Patrick’s Day Dinner. The Club provided an abundance of Corned Beef and Cabbage and attendees brought side dishes to share. DELICIOUS!!!

At every dinner, they sell 50/50 tickets to help defray the cost of the entrée – one-half goes to the Club and the other half goes to the winning ticket(s). This time they drew four (instead of the usual two) tickets.

Ken won one of the drawings. I was in the restroom (of course) and missed the whole thing. But the MC calls out the first few numbers that everybody has. He tells people with those numbers to stand up. Then as he calls the next number, and the next, and the next, people begin sitting down. In this case, KEN was the LAST MAN STANDING!!! He said it was so exciting. I can just imagine!! I am so sorry I missed it, but I got the $$$!!
I couldn’t find anything with green to wear in honor of St. Paddy’s. I did wear my emerald ring and my green butterfly tattoo!! Added one of the flowers from the table decorations.

Joe, Stan and Sally had on plenty of green!



Later we did a few Line Dances. Ken didn't get any pictures, but I did teach the group an Irish Jig!! And we did Alice again!! That was fun!!!
And, of course they had Karaoke!!

Here is our friend, Don (right) whom we see frequently at TT Chesapeake Bay, singing with our new friend, Canadian Rich, good Pickleball player – not so good at Karaoke but he has fun!. DJ Marc in the background.

And here is Don again with our new friend, Rich of The Other Sally and Rich. They were really good!!

I think it would be a great idea to have Don sing Karaoke back at TT Chesapeake Bay this Summer!! Maybe he and Ken's Son, Mike, could get Karaoke going back there.

HAVE A GREAT ST. PATRICK'S DAY, EVERYBODY!!!

No comments: