Sunday, August 1, 2010

WE MOVE TO BEAVER CREEK ROD, GAYLORD, MI

July 25 – Although there seemed to be a million sites available at Lake Shores, they did not have a single ROD space available for us to extend another day or two. So, we moved to another ROD park about 80 miles north – Beaver Creek on Otsego Lake. It was a small park and so peaceful and quite!!


Backing Up!! -- While we were at Lake Shores, we had to make a trip to Best Buy in nearby Flint, MI. My computer has been acting up for a while now, cutting off at the most inopportune times. We decided it was time to take the plunge and buy a new one -- a Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000Laptop; 4GB memory; 320 GB hard drive; 16” Screen.

I worked on it for two days, installing and transferring my programs and data from my old computer (which decided it was going to work perfectly NOW!!). After two days, I had noticed that the battery on the new computer had never seemed to charge. I took the computer back to Best Buy and after some tests, they said there was a problem with the new computer. They could transfer the hard drive from another computer into mine. NO WAY!! I’d take another new computer, Thank You!! They agreed. That meant installing and transferring all that stuff again!!!

Beaver Creek had a great computer room with veryfast WiFi, So I spent many hours working on my computers!! Transferring the programs and data.


While I was working on my computer, a lady came in checking out the brochures. She mentioned that they had been looking for someone to play cards with. We ended up playing Euchre that evening. During the games, she mentioned that they played Pickleball – we do too!! Then we discovered that a couple of years ago at TT Chesapeake Bay, we had sold them two of Spike’s Pickleball paddles!! Small World!!

The next morning the four of us marked Pickleball lines on the tennis court and played for a couple of hours.

Here we are with Linda and Ray.


No comments: