Saturday, June 11, 2011

HOW TO SAFELY REMOVE A TICK!!

A friend sent me this hint on how to safely remove a tick. It sounded good to me. In fact, it sounds good enough to share. The next time we find a tick, let's remember how to remove it!! Let me know if it works!!

This method is great because it works in those hard to get to places: ex. between the toes.

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20). The tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away.




1 comment:

Mitch and Barb said...

You just have the best blog--leave it to you to answer all my questions. I pulled a wood tick out of Mitch's leg and left a hole that didn't heal for days. He's still alive though!

Thought I'd let you know we just replaced the cooling unit for the fridge!!