Friday, June 24, 2011

STIEG LARSSON THRILLERS

We are still at TT Verde Valley! Boy, is it HOT!! But, I found the perfect pastime -- reading thrillers!!

A few months ago, I stumbled upon the paperback The Girl Who Played With Fire at one of the Thousand Trails exchange libraries. I had heard about the books written by Stieg Larsson on TV, so I decided to give it a try.

Inside the jacket was a list of the complete trilogy: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest! Well, I couldn't read the second book with reading the first one! I'm a member of the Yavapai Library Network, so I went to the Cottonwood Library and borrowed The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Larsson was Swedish. The books were translated from Swedish to English. The books take place in Sweden. It was not easy for me at first -- reading English with a Swedish accent!! But I stuck with it and after about 100 pages, I really got into it!

Then I read my own book, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! It is great, from Page One! I can't take my nose out of the book! It has the same cast of characters and makes frequent reference to events in the first book. I am so glad I decided to read the trilogy in proper sequence!! Next is The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest!!

Sad news. It seems that Stieg Larsson died in 2004, shortly after turning in the manuscripts for all three books.

No comments: