Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SKIN CANCER DOCTORS RADENTZ TIMES TWO!!

Oct. 17 - If this were not so serious, it could be pretty funny!!

Before leaving Arizona, I had seen a dermatologist and had three biopsies performed on areas on my face and on my right thumb. The result of the biopsies showed I did indeed have some skin cancer and needed additional procedures. By the time we got the biopsy results, we had left Arizona and were in California at TT Wilderness Lake. Our Pickleball friend, Jim who had lived in this area for years, recommended his dermatologist in nearby Murrieta. He said it was a husband and wife team. Jim's wife Shirley went to Doctor Leslie, and Jim went to Doctor Bill. I called and was able to get an appointment with Doctor Leslie the following week!

I told Jim I was going in on Wednesday afternoon to determine how the doctor would proceed. Jim said he had an appointment that same afternoon. Later, I told Jim I was going in on Monday afternoon for a procedure Doctor Leslie said was called Mohs Micrographic Surgery. Jim said he was going to see Doctor William that same afternoon!!!

On Monday afternoon, my surgery was complete and I was having the dressing applied when I heard, "Hey, Faye!!" from the hallway. Jim had just arrived for his surgery across the hall. "Hey, Jim. Good luck!"

I asked Doctor Leslie if it would be possible to get a picture of this most unusual happening! Two friends visiting two doctors at the same time. The doctors were wonderful and agreed to my request!

Picture: Doctor Bill, Jim showing the area on his hand pending surgery, Doctor Leslie, and me showing my nasal surgery.


Doctor Leslie told me she had excised sections of skin surrounding my skin cancer and tissue evaluation showed the margins were clear. All evidence of the cancer had been removed. I have two more surgeries to go.

May I take this opportunity to encourage everyone to have a skin check-up with their dermatologist!! Skin Cancer is Serious!!

2 comments:

SOLUTIONS BY A PAIR OF DOCS said...

As a matter of fact, skin cancer is the most dangerous cancer under the sun!
You can still have fun and practice Safe Sun! Wear sun protection and avoid the mid day sun.

Teena said...

Girl...even with a bandage on your nose you look beautiful.