Wednesday, June 17, 2015

STAY THE NIGHT – A NEW NOVEL FROM A NEW AUTHOR!!

We visited our friends Lois and Gene at their home back in Richmond, VA for delicious peach daiquiri and conversation.  As we were leaving, Lois gave me a new paperback novel, Stay the Night.  She explained that the book was written by a good friend of hers, Kathleen McMahon Schwartz, who also spends her winters in Venice.  Lois was there to offer encouragement throughout the process of creating, writing, publishing the novel.

When Stay the Night was published, Lois bought about ten copies; one copy was for me and our mutual friend Karen.  Ms. Schwartz even wrote a nice personal note to the two of us inside the cover!!  How special!!

Lois presenting me with a copy of Stay the Night!  Notice the reflection of the photographer in the door!!



Thanks so much Lois for this special gift!  I’m going to let Karen read it first since she is a fast reader.  Then, I can read it while I’m in the hospital!  [Oh, did I mention I’m having hip replacement surgery on July 08!!  More on that subject later!!]


No comments: