Saturday, April 17, 2010

LITTLE RED BOX MOVIE RENTAL

April 17 – This weekend we rented the movie “Up In The Air” with George Cloney. We have never used the Little Red Box before; although we are familiar with the $1 movie rentals at the Publix stores. A similar concept.

About a quarter way through the movie, the picture started to freeze. Finally it started playing again, but there was no video. After a while it occurred to me that maybe I could clean the DVD with an alcohol cotton ball the way Suzanne told me to clean my CDs!! I figured I could not make it any worse than it already was.

I soaked a cotton ball in alcohol, squeezed out the access, and cleaned the DVD, pulling the cotton ball from the hole in the middle to the outer edge. It worked!!

After I had cleaned the DVD, there were no further problems. The movie was OK but not great!! Guess it was worth the $1 rental.

Maybe this idea will help some of you.

Thanks again, Suzanne, for telling me about that trick!!

No comments: