Monday, November 14, 2011

MORE VISITS TO THE DERMATOLOGIST!!


Our Dermatologist, Dr. Leslie Radentz had this warning in her Comment on our Blog in October:

Skin cancer is the most dangerous Cancer under the sun! You can still have fun and practice Safe Sun! Wear sun protection and avoid the mid-day sun.

It was very hard to include these unflattering pictures on our Blog (don't we look ancient), but I decided that the message from Dr. Leslie was important enough to share.

Actually, we were both very fortunate; our skin pre-cancer cells and Squamous Cell cancer
were found early and easily treated by our Dermatologist.

I, myself, had a skin examination and several pre-cancer cells treated by Dr. Radentz back on October 12, and then I had a Squamous Cell cancer removed on October 17 (previously reported on this Blog.)
After my experience, we decided that it would be a good idea for Ken to have a skin examination as a precaution too, and on November 8 he visited Dr. Radentz. She treated some pre-cancer cells and in one instance she did a biopsy. Fortunately, the result of the biopsy was benign.

On November 14, I had two more Squamous Cells removed -- one from my right thumb and the other from my temple!! Tissue evaluations showed the margins were clear. All evidence of the cancer had been removed. Thank God for that!
We hope you learn from our experience: Practice Safe Sun, Wear Strong Sun Protection, and have periodic skin examinations!

No comments: