Monday, February 18, 2013

CHICKEN GUMBO ON FAT TUESDAY!

Feb 02 - It's Fat Tuesday -- the last day of Mardi Gras!!!  How did Mardi Gras happen so fast and I made no plans to celebrate!!  We had to do something!!

Last year we had a little Mardi Gras celebration and Walt prepared Jambalaya!  This year I decided to make Chicken Gumbo for the first time!  Little did I realize it would be an All Day Project!!  First I had to find a recipe I thought we could actually prepare!  Settled on Paula Deen's recipe for Chicken Sausage Gumbo.  Then we went to WinCo and bought all the ingredients.

Ken chopped all the vegetables while I cooked the chicken breast and sausage.  We put it all together and cooked and stirred and cooked and stirred for several hours.  Just before serving we added half a pound of cooked shrimp!



It was a quite Mardi Gras celebration, just the two of us, but we really enjoyed our Chicken Sausage Gumbo served over rice!!  However, next time we will probably just buy a couple of cans of Campbell's Chicken Gumbo!!  HA HA



No comments: