Tuesday, October 21, 2014

GRANDSON MICHAEL GRADUATES FROM UNC!! HURRAH!!!

Back to Sat. May 10 - After going to the big Fernandina Beach Shrimp Festival in Florida, but before the Ken and Faye Ewbank Pickleball Court dedication on Labor Day weekend, we stayed in Raleigh for several days for the big occasion of my Grandson Michael's graduation!!!  Michael aspires to be an 8th Grade Math Teacher -- one of the best.  Upon graduation from high school, Michael received a Teaching Fellows Scholarship from UNC and had four marvelous years of education and fun at that University.

On Saturday, May 10, 2014, he graduated from The University of North Carolina, and the whole family was there!!

Michael receiving his degree.  Although we were sitting in great seats, we were not sitting in the best seats for taking pictures.  Some of the graduates stood further forward and that would have been great, but Michael stood back a little and I almost missed him!!  CONGRATULATIONS, MICHAEL upon receiving your degree, !!


He's so proud!!  We are all so proud!!


Family picture:  Dad Gene, Michael, Mother my daughter Stasia, and Brother Jason!


More family:  Uncle, my son Barry; Grandfather Don, my Ex; Michael; and Aunt Diane, Don's sister.


And - Here we are with the Graduate!!


After the graduation we all gathered at Jason and his fiancee Jenny's townhouse for a cookout and party.  Here Jenny and Jason surprise me with a Grandmother's day card!  Jason is the tattoo artist who gave me my green butterfly tattoo!  You might notice the young couple's tattoos!


In the backyard there were games of Corn Hole!!  The two young guys won that game and son Barry challenged the winners with me as his partner!!  That was really a challenge!!   The Young Guns were leading, then Barry with his skill was able to catch up.  At the end of the game, it was I who threw the corn bag right into the hole!!  Three points!!  We won!!!  Unbelievable!!!


The girls showing off our painted toe nails!!!  (I need Mark with his special programs to airbrush my cellulite!!)


Michael received graduation gifts -- from his Dad and Mom!!


A "Pot of Gold" (Gold Dollar Pieces) from his Grandmother and Ken!


A gift from his Uncle Barry!


And from Jenny and Jason!


 A touching moment at the end of the evening.


We are all sooooo proud of you Michael!!  Congratulations!!

No comments: