Thursday, October 16, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION GOES ON AND ON AND ON!!



While we were at the Elk’s Lodge in Richmond, I decided to make a Birthday Brunswick Stew for myself. Ever hear of Mrs. Fearnow’s Brunswick Stew? It’s made in this area and distributed in the southeast. My recipe was close to Mrs. F’s.


[Right is my sister Beryle and husband, Harold.]







I invited my siblings and their families to help us eat it. And, my daughter, Stasia came up from North Carolina for the occasion. It surely did bring back some old time memories.

[Left is my brother, Nelson and puppy, Buddy.]







When we were young and growing up, we lived on a farm. Several times a year, Mom and Dad made a BIG Brunswick Stew for friends and family. Back then we had to pick and shell the butter beans, pick and shuck the corn, pick and peel the tomatoes, kill and clean the chicken, and so on. It took the whole day, adding ingredients and stirring, stirring, stirring. It was soooo good.

[Here is my sister, Jean and husband, Bob.]





Not the same for Faye’s Stew – grocery store chicken and canned ingredients according to the Fearnow’s recipe. Still it took all day adding ingredients and stirring, stirring, and stirring. It was really, really good. UUUUMMMMMM!!


[And here is my kid brother, Chip and wife, Biddie.]









[My niece, Deb (Beryle's daughter) and her husband, Jeff.]















[Here is my daughter, Stasia who drove all the way up from North Carolina for her Mother's birthday!]











[And here is the Birthday Girl, herself, and husband, Ken!!]



We all had a wonderful time!!!








MIKE AND DIANE TAKE US OUT FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!

On Wednesday, October 1, Mike and Diane took us both out to an enormous and delicious dinner at Zorba’s Greek Restaurant in Richmond to celebrate my birthday (October 2). We had a wonderful meal starting with Mussels Marinara and Burchetta. We need not have ordered the appetizers because portions for dinner were huge and we could not begin to eat it all – succulent Baked Pasta for Ken and the Birthday Girl, Eggplant Parmesan for Mike, and Beef Tenderloin with Wine Sauce for Diane!!!

Thank you Mike and Diane for a wonderful Birthday Dinner!!!



No comments: