Monday, December 28, 2009

VISIT WITH KEN'S DAUGHTER, STACEY

On Tuesday morning, December 22, we drove over to Englewood to visit Ken’s daughter, Stacey for the day. I had mentioned to Ken on the way over that I would love a good Grouper sandwich. Stacey knew the right place to go. She took us to The Gulf View Grill where she knew they had Grouper sandwiches for $5!! What a deal!
View from our table at the Gulf View Grill.
View in front of me!! UUMMMMM!!

After lunch, the bartender took our picture as we posed in front of their Christmas tree!
Then we stopped by Stacey’s bar where she is a bartender herself, but Tuesday was her day off!
It was a nice “local bar” where everyone seemed to know everyone. In fact, one of the ladies at the bar owned a retail seafood place across the street. Stacey had mentioned she and her friends had Stone Crab claws from there a few days before.

What a great idea!! So, I bought a dozen Stone Crab claws for lunch the next day $$$. We said that was going to be our Santa Claus!!
Cracking Stone Crab claws is quite a job!!

Oh, I forgot to mention. As we were leaving Englewood, we stopped in the Walgreens on the corner and got our H1N1 influenza shots!! It was a breeze.

1 comment:

Show Us The World said...

Yum! I didn't realize that is what Ken was showing me when we pulled in. I was fighting some kind of nasty flu bug so I was out of it. I knew he was showing me something yummy but couldn't figure it out. Good thing, because had I felt better, I'd have probably tried to join you. =)