Wednesday, March 3, 2010

AVATAR



March 03 – The weather has been so cold, and windy and rainy that we decided to go to the movies this afternoon. We had heard so much about Avatar and the technology that we had to see it.

We both thought it was really good and thoroughly enjoyed it; although I didn’t like seeing the “good guys” turning bad because of greed. After the movie I was a little disappointed in the 3D, because the movie seemed more like greatly enhanced HD to me. I mentioned to Ken that in the old-time 3D movies things seemed to come off the screen at you; did he see any of that? He said yes, he did. He told me things seemed to come right at him; the little floating things were right in front of him so he felt he could touch them.

I didn’t think any more about it because I was more interested in how they created the Avatar than the 3D. However, on CBS Sunday Morning they mentioned Avatar, something about the funny glasses you had to wear that directed some of the images to the left eye and other images to the right eye, thereby causing the 3D effect!!!!! No wonder I did not get the full effect – I don’t have a right eye to see those images!!! I didn't know that!!

Anyway, go to see the movie – it’s good.

1 comment:

Niki said...

the 3d these days, isn't used how it was in the 80s and earlier. They mostly use it to enhance the movie, not take advantage of things popping out to distract the viewer from an awful storyline. Since this story line was so good, they didn't need those distractions :)