Tuesday, March 15, 2011

PICKLEBALL IS ALIVE AND WELL AT TT PALM SPRINGS!

e arrived back at TT Palm Springs on Monday, March 07, for two weeks. The first thing we noticed was that the Pickleball Courts were full of players with other players waiting to play, as usual. We found a site across the road from the courts, so we were able to see when players were out on the court. We were not able to play on Monday but of course we were over there on Tuesday morning. There was plenty of action!!!

Here's Bernard and "Flash" Gordon.

Ken playing with Ed whose making a fantastic overhead!!

Bob and Larry.

Jerry and Dennis both want this one!

Tom and Barb. Barb took today off and I wanted her picture.

Dennis and Jackie. Jackie does not play Pickleball but she is a fantastic Line Dance teacher!! She came to a few of my classes and gave me some music and step sheets. I was very fortunate to have a chance to meet her.

Bert is trying to win a Pickle for being the "Most Athletic"!

Norby playing with Judy.

Bernard and Jeannette. Jeannette just made a winning shot with her new ZZT Sports paddle that she bought from Spike at the Palm Desert Senior Games. I told her I thought she bought the paddles for the Grandchildren and here she is playing with it!! She said they bought two more paddles so she and Flash could have one!

She wanted to make certain I got a good picture of the ZZT Sports paddle!! It's a WINNER!!

Tom with Gloria who is stretching for this overhead.

Frank and Flash cutting up in their Muscle Shirts! WOW! Wish I could whistle!!

Ed and Larry wait for the ball. (That's our motorhome behind them!)

Ken lunges for the ball. Bob watches in the background.

Brian taking his dogs on their daily walk.

Jeannette with Norby reaching for the overhead.

This is our table umbrella at the courts!! It's "deco shred art"!! Amazingly, it does provide a little shade from the sun!

This is another day at the courts -- Tuesday the 15th.

Jessie and Bert playing together. I understand Jessie won numerous medals at the Catalina Spa Tournament this past weekend! Congratulations, Jessie!!

Ed and Richard watching and waiting for the high ball.

Here's the group after the match -- Richard, Ed, Jessie and Bert.

Players from another match. I missed the action shots. Roy, Larry, Ranger Larry, and Chris.

Richard and Bob.

Rick and Jim P.

Fred and Norby.

Jerry and Gloria.

Jessie with Judy.

Bert and Ken are Jessie and Judy's opponents! They had a super game!

At the net after the match. I wanted to get into the picture since I can't take my own picture when I'm playing!!

And now Bert is playing with Chris!!

Ken and Ranger Larry were their opponents. At the net after the match.

Jessie playing with Gloria.

Larry and Norby.

Richard and Ed.

Judy and David come to the net. David is from Hawaii and this is the first time we have met him.

I saved the best for last!! Norby (right) and I had just won a match over Fred (left) and Ed. In an earlier match Ed had also made me a winner!! I wanted to have a picture between these two guys -- My Heroes!! They can be very proud -- that was no easy task to make Faye a Winner!!!

A fun time was had by all who play PICKLEBALL!!

No comments: