Saturday, September 27, 2008

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US”


HAPPY BIRTHDAY -- FAYE, JIMMY, AND DIANE (Absent)!!!”

Hate to say it, but, I’m having ANOTHER birthday coming up on October 2nd!! Our daughter-in-law, Diane, celebrated her much younger birthday last week. And, our friend Jimmy recently had a birthday, too. We decided to have a joint birthday party.

Diane was going to bring soup. I was providing grilled cheese sandwiches, and Jimmy’s wife, Delores, bought the Birthday Cake.


And then it RAINED!! Delores and Jimmy and Ken and I were the only ones from our group at the Campground. All of our other friends stayed at home. What to do?????

Delores had a great idea. Let’s cut the cake anyway!! OK!!!






I brought the makings for grill cheese sandwiches (perfectly grilled by Delores)!!











And Ken made his delicious Tomato Basil Soup.



We four had a fun and tasty dinner together.














Followed by delicious Birthday Cake.







Then I had a HUGH surprise!! Delores had made a birthday present for me!! You will never guess what it is!! All of you Pickleball players will be SO JEALOUS!!!




She had printed a tee shirt for me. The picture came from our BLOG -- The 2008 Thousand Trails 1st Annual Pickleball Tournament!! What a surprise!!



THANK YOU, Delores, for the birthday celebration and the perfect memento!!!





3 comments:

Mitch and Barb said...

I'm glad you don't let the rain spoil a perfectly good time! I wish I could have been there to have some of Ken's soup with the grilled cheese. Sounds great to me!

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Faye!

Mark and Chris said...

Your birthday is only six days.......and a few years before mine Faye. Happy birthday! Love the T shirt.

vickie said...

Happy Birthday Faye and Diane. My old dog Maggie has the birthday Oct 2 as well.Loved the shirt Faye.