Monday, September 22, 2008

KEN LOOKS AT KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY!!

We have had great pickleball at TT Chesapeake Bay recently. However, it has taken it's toll on the Ewbank's!!

I've developed what feels like Arthur in my right hip and I have to hobble onto the courts. My play has not been very good lately

Ken, however, is worse off than I. He has had arthritis in his right knee for years. With playing so much pickleball, his knee has been killing him!! Today we saw his orthopedic surgeon and scheduled knee replacement surgery for Friday, October 17. Assuming all goes well with surgery and recovery, we will begin on our tentative schedule on November 18th, when we hope to leave for Florida again!!

Wish us luck!!

4 comments:

Brits On Tour said...

Hope all goes well on the 17th Oct see you in Florida Jim & Jane

Anonymous said...

Mom told me about the knee, he'll be a Terminator robot soon enough! haha. Maybe you guys can stop in Savannah and visit me? I'll be home from Nov 20-Jan 5 but I'm sure I'll see you sometime when you're coming down here. love and miss you

Mark and Chris said...

Hmmm.....Ken with a bad knee and you with a bad hip! Chris and I might actually have a chance now!

vickie said...

Dad, you are becoming the Bionic Man!! Poor Faye, you have to nurse Dad again.How is he going to get up those steps of the Rv? Is it his left leg or right? Hopefully his left so he can still drive down to Florida.Miss you both very much.