Wednesday, February 15, 2012

YUMMM! DELICIOUS VALENTINE'S DAY DINNERS!!

Feb 13 - I absolutely love the Seared Ahi Tuna appetisers at the Elephant Bar and Outback Steakhouse!!! So, when I saw a package of two small Ahi Tuna Steaks on sale at Albertson's, I grabbed it!! We can make Seared Ahi Tuna at home!!

I checked recipes on line. Some had lots of ingredients and some recipes had only Kosher Salt and Ground Pepper. Salt and pepper sounded good to me!! Some seared for only 45 seconds, some for more time. I thought 45 seconds was not long enough time.

So, on Valentine's Eve, we prepared our first Seared Ahi Tuna!! A little oil and butter in a hot pan. I threw a few peppercorns in the pan to toast and pop! A little olive oil, fresh ground salt and pepper on the tuna. Seared in the hot pan for about a minute! That's it!!

I mixed together a Wasabi Mayonnaise and spread it across the top of each plate. Fanned thin slices of tuna over the mayo. Served with Saffron Rice, Steamed Carrots, and Mandarin Orange Salad. It was Perfect!!! We were very proud of our first Seared Ahi Tuna dinner!!!



VALENTINE'S DAY BUFFET!!

Feb. 14 - We joined Pam and Walt this afternoon to go to the Asia Seafood Buffet for the Senior 50% off special. The special is on Tuesdays after 4 PM. This year it happened to fall on Valentine's Day!!

I think half of the Pickleball gang also decided Asia Seafood Buffet was the perfect place of Valentine's Day dinner. We saw a number of them enjoying all the great choices.

In fact, Becky stopped by our table so we had her take our picture!! Thanks, Becky.

Ken and I, as usual, enjoyed the Hot and Sour Soup, Sushi and Crab Legs! This time I took a pair of kitchen shears to cut the crab legs because they are so difficult and time consuming to break. That was a good idea!!

Great company and delicious dinner!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL!!

1 comment:

Mitch and Barb said...

The tuna looks great. It looks like you guys have become gourmets.
Mitch